Monday, February 28, 2011

Green Zebras



It's all Green Zebras and Black Russians around this joint at the moment.
These two tomato plants have been incredibly successful in the vegie patch this year.
Tomatoes really are quite easy to grow.
You just plonk 'em in the vegie patch - stake them as required - splash a bit of Seasol on them every now and then and that's about it.
They don't really taste any different from red tomatoes but I'm always up for something of novelty value.
They come from my "go to" vegie man - Diggers.
Next year I think I'm going to go with one of those fat brain looking ones and some little yellow cherry ones.



Last year I made 37,000 jars of different jams and chutneys.
My absolute favourite was Peach and Tomato chutney.
I only made a couple of jars and really only made it for my Dad.
But it was fabulous - especially with cold chicken.
So when our peaches finally are ready - usually April - I hope I have some tomatoes still growing.




Photos:
1. Feb, 2011
2&3. April, 2011

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...